1. Business selection for RPA introduction
When selecting a business for RPA introduction, there is a method to build a system from our own company, or a method from a famous overseas RPA maker with various know-how. Major domestic companies also offer proposals that combine their services with major overseas RPA packages.
Blue Prism, which is famous overseas, provides services including business selection. Utilizing consultant services will also help you in selecting operations that will have a large return on investment.
In Japan, major electronics manufacturers such as NEC and Toshiba are developing RPA services that combine Blue Prism and their own services. The points differ depending on where the priority is placed, such as investment return, time reduction, and quality improvement. It is important to select the work while listening to the explanation.
Business selection points
- From operations that have a large return on investment
- Select operations that have a large effect from a company-wide perspective
- Start from one unit and expand the target system in sequence(expecting RPA in various systems)
- When dealing with money, choose a business that considers security
2. What is the difference between RPA and RBA?
RPA and RBA are both terms that describe the automation of work. Let’s look at the difference between the two.
Operation automation tool
- “Job scheduler” Performs batch processing of core systems, etc.
- “Configuration Management Tool” Introduction and setting of infrastructure by text code
- “RPA” Applicable only to GUI of personal PC
- “RBA” Similar to a job scheduler, but has a role to automate tasks
2.1 What is RPA?
RPA can be applied only to a personal computer. RPA is a tool that automates PC desktop operations and is set using GUI operations.
2.2 What is RBA?
RBA is close to the job scheduler and is suitable for large computers such as servers. The job scheduler was operated by people entering commands while looking at the procedure manual, but RBA is an automation of task processing that people were doing.
The job scheduler handles the problem when the alert of the monitoring system sounds. However, RBA receives alert notification from the monitoring system and automates the prescribed response procedure.
3. What kind of work can be automated by RPA operation?
Robots automate office challenges with RPA
- Manufacturing operations (production planning, cost control, inventory control, product check, quality data collection, analysis, etc.)
- Sales operations (processing of documents such as contracts, orders, shipments and invoices; automation of orders, purchases, etc.)
- Accounting, accounting (inventory, ledger management, closing report, consolidated accounting)
- Information system business (data input processing performed by all employees such as expense settlement, attendance, etc. Processing internal application forms, linking internal system, developing data linking function with affiliated companies)
In order to automate these operations, RPA mainly performs the daily processing of office data collection, applications, orders, etc. In order to manage all the tasks mentioned above, not only RPA that manages only desktop PCs but also machine learning servers such as cloud and AI are required.
And to convert paper documents into electronic data, we need a system that links AI-OCR and RPA. Large companies can also deploy large amounts of RPA in a company-wide, investment-friendly approach. Small businesses can install RPA from one PC. For this reason, it is necessary to automate operations that match the scale of each company.